In Mar del Plata the average daytime temperatures are between 20 and 25C during the season, November to March. During the evening the temperatures drop and a fleece and or a light weight jacket are a good idea.
The best way to dress is in layers – a T-shirt or shirt and a fleece. Take a jacket to give protection in case of wind and rain.
Please remember you will be playing in a tournament at the end of our polo holidays, so you will need white jodhpurs or breeches and long boots! If you don’t have your own mallets or polo hat, please let us know so that we can arrange for them to be hired locally.
- 2 pairs of white jodhpurs for tournaments.
- Long boots * Your boots are kept at the club and cleaned every day so bring trainers to wear to and from the club or use short riding boots.
- Polo Helmet.*
- Polo Gloves
- Jodhpurs or riding trousers – for everyday riding and chukkas.
- Short riding boots such as Ariat Terrain – these can be used when not competing and are much more comfortable than long boots.
- Long sleeved shirt and/or T shirts.
- Half chaps.
- Underwear – cycling shorts are good for long days in the saddle.
- Waterproof/windproof jacket.
- Casual clothes for evening.
- Trainers or comfortable shoes for evening.
- Swimming costume.
- Personal toiletries.
- Ibuprophen gel or deep heat spray or cream for aching muscles.
- If you are prone to blisters please purchase Compeed (available from Boots( which works as a second skin if you get blisters – iIt is much more effective than a plaster)
- Back and/or and wrist support.
- Sun block.
- Lip balm.
- Camera, film, batteries and binoculars.
- Riding hat (if you do not have a polo helmet). Your hat should conform to BHS requirements (PAS015, BSEN1384). You will not be permitted to ride without a hat.
- Spanish/English phrase book or dictionary.
- * Please let us know if you cannot bring any of these things so that we can arrange for them to be hired locally.
- Polo Boots can also be made locally, hand made and made to measure as well as saddles and bridles